Thursday, February 9, 2012

09/02/12 Reflections

Today in DF we started in the work shop which was exciting! Mr. Ward gave us a short 10min tour of the workshop and re-showed us how to use the tools. Last year I found DF a heap of fun and remembered exactly how to use all the tools. He gave us the materials we would be using and gave us a piece of wire that is bendy and the same length as our aluminium to experiment with. (idearation!)

Wardy's Wonderful Workshop Tour Facts:
  • Safety glasses and apron MUST be worn in the work shop no matter what the circumstances are.
  • You are only allowd over the yellow line when Mr. Ward says you are allowed.
  • Mr. Ward got a new machine that you have got to remember to push the wood the opposite way
  • I thought you would have to bend the wood with heat but you can actually do it with man power
  • I learnt that you change your ideas change alot and the actual design changes heaps when you are actually working with the actual materials of what you are making

No comments:

Post a Comment