Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Task 2- b

Alternative energy generation- Solar Power
(Without images)

An alternative energy generation system that is going to be used in my resort is solar power. Solar power systems are clean, natural electricity from the sun. This type of energy is the cleanest and greenest source of renewable energy generated electricity available to help power any type of building. Nowadays solar power is the cheapest as well. By using solar panels, my resort will not only be slashing greenhouse gas emissions and its electricity bill, it will be joining Australia’s energy security revolution.


There are two different main types of solar power systems that can be installed on my resort. These types are grid connect and off grid (stand alone/remote power.) For my resort I will be using a grid connect system. A residential grid connect system will be a more efficient way of solar energy for my resort as the buildings will still be connected to the main power supply. This means that battery storage is not required and will also ensure me that I have the electricity I need, whenever I need it regardless of weather conditions.

Solar energy will be utilized in the resort on the roof of the main building. Therefore it is not in the way of anything and does not wreck the resort aesthetically. The solar panels will be on the west side of the resort as that is the side the sun rises on and the side that the sun beams rays down on for majority of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment