Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Reflection 05/03/13

In design futures this term we are using the available materials in the workshop and the facilities that we are provided with to design and build a scaled model of a chosen theme-specific resort with a partner. The model but be housed within the base area of 400mm x 400mm. As I was away for the first 4 weeks of term I was put with a new girl called Silvana. I think it is good that I was put with her as I can get to know her and have a wider range of ideas to contribute to the designing and making of our resort. We have decided to make a resort that is on a small island just off the mainland of a tropical country. There is a small bridge out to this island that only the 6 resort owned vehicles are allowed to travel on. Our island is being made out of newspaper covered by plaster of paris that we are waiting for Mr Ward to purchase more of. The water is going to be coloured clear glue and the rest will just be made out of different coloured, textured and thickness cardboard. Also as part of this terms assessment we have a written part to go with it. We have 4 tasks, 1 being the plan I posted earlier this week, 2 being written work that is due this Friday, 3 being the actual 3D resort itself and 4 an oral that Silvana and I have to present next term. So far I have completed 75% of task 2 and will post it on my blog just as another back up!

No comments:

Post a Comment