Evaluation
To make my light I used the design process of ideating, investigating, producing and as I am now evaluating. When I ideated I looked for other images and used Mr. Wards power point to look at different designs of lights. Then I investigated these different designs and thought about what shape would suit the place I am going to put my eco lamp. Once I had thought about which design I wanted I put it on to paper with designing. I started off with a few different sketches and then I drew a final design. Then I finally got to the good part or design futures! Well I think it is producing (making) the product. This was a lot of fun as I learnt how to do many new different things and got to be physical and make things. Once I had finished and made the final touches to my light I got to the stage of where I am now evaluating.
When I was designing my eco lamp I had to think about 4 different aspects of design:
Function:
This is one of the most important aspects of design. My lamp does function and do what it supposed to do, which is produce light. My lamp is efficient in the way that it does its job of producing light whenever or where ever I need it to and is just generally fantastic! It is also very effective, my light is effective in the way that I made it to produce light for when I am reading and lying in my bed in boarding. It is also effective in the way that it is a good size and produces the right amount of light. My eco lamp could be improved by having a bigger base on it. If it had a bigger base it would be just that extra bit more stable. It could also be improved if it had a switch closer to the light instead of having to turn it on at the power point every time I want to use it.
Aesthetics:
Aesthetics is whether or not it looks good. I think my aesthetics of my eco lamp are excellent! The jarra wood looks good and especially with the extra bit of oil to make it look more elegant and darker. The aluminum has a good shape and is all shiny which makes it look even better! The one thing I wanted was for my cord to be neat and tidy. I think if you have a messy cord it just wrecks the whole look of the overall project.
Economics:
Economics relates to money and how much it cost. I worked out that my light cost $13 including all the materials. I think this is a cheap cost and was defiantly efficient money wise. If it were a big company making the eco lamp they would have to allow for the cost of the workers making the light and how much there time is worth. You would have to allow for the postage of the materials and a lot of other things as well.
Ergonomics:
Ergonomics relates to the human body like if it were a pair of shoes are they comfortable. But for my light it more in the way that is it stable? Or is easy to use? My light is all of these things! It is extremely stable and very easy to use. It is very handy and does whatever I need it to do. The light is also not to bright and put out the right amount of light I need.
No comments:
Post a Comment