Monday, October 28, 2013
Reflection 28/10/13
Today in design and technology Alix and I completed a fair bit of our trebuchet. We started the lesson by drilling the whole at the top of our sides to put our axel through. To do this we clamped the two sides together in the most common place as possible so most sides were flush and then drilled the whole all the way through the top side and half way through the second. We then took the clamps off, moved the side to the edge of the bench and drilled through the final half of the second sides hole. After this Mr Ward then did a tutorial on how to put the sides onto the base of our trebuchet. After the tutorial Alix and I then did this and I thought we did it very well. I held the sides together and made sure they were flush whilst Alix drilled and we got this done pretty quickly. After this we then had to measure the length of our threaded steel that we are going to use as our axel that our arm is going to swing off. We measured this and then Alix then cut it with a steel saw. Once we had one this we then put it through our trebuchet arms and measured it from the bottom to the top to make sure we had the bottom and the top the same width apart. Finally, we put washers and nuts on the threaded steel to make sure it would stay accurate and to see how our trebuchet looked. I think we got a lot on our trebuchet done this lesson and are up to date with it. Next lesson Alix and I will work on our arm and workout whether we are going to make our design a more trebuchet or catapult type.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment