Thursday, October 18, 2012
Reflection 18/10/12
This term in design futures we have been working on a small mechanism or you could call it a toy. We have been working with many different things such as cams, levers, pulleys etc. I am making a toy which is called ocean motion. This consists of 3 boats and all different waves at different levels. To make this all the cams are the same sizes and once they are put onto the tuning piece of dowl are all tilted at different angles which than causes the waves to rise at different times and different levels. Mr Ward said once it is completed i may be able to wire a motor up to it so it can continuously keep going instead of someone having to keep winding it. But to be honest it would'nt bother me either way. I have so far found this piece of work really fun and one of the better assignments this year as it involves problem solving, enjoyable making and we do not have a certain time space to complete it in. I am really looking forward to the end of this project and have the ocean motion toy sitting on my shelf at home. I was also thinking of the idea of having rowing boats instead of sailing boats as I am a rower.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment