Monday, April 30, 2012

Reflection

Today in design I started of my melting the plastic with the strip heater so that would be the final bend on the main piece of my desk tidy. Once I did that I had to figure out what would hold my pencils so they would not fall through into the bottom part of my desk tidy. I found a transparent piece of pvc pipe which then I sawed and sanded to the right size. After I got it to the right size I spray painted it black so it would give my main part a kind of illusional effect. I also decided that I would put a piece of black acrylic between the pipe and the bottom of the main piece just in case something got through. In next lesson I will hopefully be able to glue all of the mail pieces of my desk tidy together and start on the little side bits such as the other pen holders, paper holders and phone holder. With this desk tidy I have also decided to experiment with the machines and try and make my desk the best it can!

No comments:

Post a Comment